All Serengeti Sunglasses are photochromic. Light-Adjusting Technology gives Serengeti photochromic lenses the ability to adjust to changing light conditions instantly. With photochromic technology, your sunglasses lenses will change as quickly as the scenery. The molecules inside the lenses adjust, causing them to lighten and darken automatically. Serengeti Glass Lenses offer the highest optical quality and scratch resistance. Glass lenses are somewhat heavier than other lens materials. Serengeti's selection of glass lens tints includes:
- Drivers - The brown-colored Drivers Lens is ideal for driving, as it adjusts to the changing light conditions inevitably encountered on the road. Drivers lenses provide 24% light transmittance when lightened, and 9% transmittance when fully darkened.
- Drives Gradient - The brown Drivers Gradient Lens is ideal for pilots, or anyone who requires eye protection as well as a crystal clear view. The Drivers Gradient lens provides exceptional clarity and confidence in all conditions. 24% transmittance when lightened; 9% transmittance when darkened.
- Drivers Polarized - the Drivers Polarized Lens is a versatile brown lens that performs under cloudy and harsh light conditions, and features the added protection of the Serengeti polarizing technology. 18% transmittance when lightened; 10% transmittance when darkened.
- 555nm - the green-colored 555NM Lens is ideal for bright light conditions. The 555nm maximizes greens and yellows for greater contrast and clarity. With its silver flash coating, the 555nm gives glare virtually no way in, from any direction. 15% transmittance when lightened; 9% transmittance when darkened.
- 555nm Polarized - the green 555 nm Polarized Lens has all the high-contrast benefits of the 555nm, and combats glare with premium polarizing technology. The 555nm Polarized is ideal for all bright light conditions. 15% transmittance when lightened; 8% transmittance when darkened.
- Sedona - the rose-colored, high-contrast Sedona Lens provides ultimate clarity and contrast in the harshest light conditions, making it ideal for skiing, golf, marine use and other intense light conditions. 15% transmittance when lightened; 8% transmittance when darkened.
- Sedona Polarized - the rose Sedona Polarized lens combines polarizing technology with a rose-colored lens to provide exceptional clarity and eye protection in the harshest of lights. The Sedona Polarized is ideal for skiing, golf, marine use and more.15% transmittance when lightened; 9% transmittance when darkened.